Monday, May 21, will mark the start of the Pembroke Historical Society’s 2018 monthly program series. Combined with the Pembroke Library’s monthly “Chantey Sing,” the event will feature Jim Sherman’s presentation “Where River Meets the Rail: Lumbering, River Driving and Railroading on the Machias River.” Jim, who is active with the Machiasport Historical Society and UMM’s Sunrise Senior College, will tell the history of logging and river log driving on the Machias River, and the operation of the Whitneyville & Machiasport Railroad.
- Atwood receives prestigious award for exceptional service to Washington County
- Machias votes overwhelmingly in favor of revitalization TIF
- Lobster license wait list bill heard in Augusta
- State’s plans for Bucks Harbor prison ricochet, but predicted to gain scope
- After months of red tape, Machiasport says goodbye to epic demolition pile
#freepress 2016 issue 2017 issue Activities Addison Airport April 12 2017 issue April 19 2017 issue April 22 2015 Edition April 26 2015 Edition April 26 2015 Editon April 26 2017 issue April 5 2017 issue April 8 2015 Edition April 8 2015 Editon Aprili 26 2017 issue Arts and Entertainment August 16 2017 issue August 2 2017 issue August 23 2017 issue