Richard Arthur Purington, 73, beloved husband, father, papa, brother, uncle, cousin and friend passed away on June 23, 2018 at the Maine Veterans’ Home in Bangor. He was born at home in East Machias on May 18, 1945 to Raymond and Carrie (Elder) Purington. He attended grade school in East Machias and graduated from Washington Academy. Shortly after graduation, he enlisted in the Army and served in the Vietnam War. After his years of service, he married his high school sweetheart, Judy Hanson, in 1970 and they enjoyed 48 years of marriage together.
- As cancer rates climb, firefighters raise funds to protect themselves from deadly chemicals
- Machias to address complexities of tax increment financing at public hearing Jan. 31
- Sheriff’s office seeks vandals who ransacked Bill Coperthwaite’s yurt
- Paper route carriers sought to continue award-winning initiative
- Skowhegan ‘Indians’ debate draws Passamaquoddy participation
#freepress 2016 issue 2017 issue Activities Addison Airport April 12 2017 issue April 19 2017 issue April 22 2015 Edition April 26 2015 Edition April 26 2015 Editon April 26 2017 issue April 5 2017 issue April 8 2015 Edition April 8 2015 Editon Aprili 26 2017 issue Arts and Entertainment August 16 2017 issue August 2 2017 issue August 23 2017 issue