Maine’s newest state troopers received their badges on Friday, April 13, in ceremonies at the Maine Criminal Justice Academy. The five troopers completed 10 weeks of specialized State Police training. All are previous graduates of the academy. The new troopers will now patrol with a veteran trooper before beginning to patrol on their own. The graduation speaker was Governor Paul LePage who noted that the five troopers all grew up in Maine and thanked them for wanting to serve their state.
- As cancer rates climb, firefighters raise funds to protect themselves from deadly chemicals
- Machias to address complexities of tax increment financing at public hearing Jan. 31
- Sheriff’s office seeks vandals who ransacked Bill Coperthwaite’s yurt
- Paper route carriers sought to continue award-winning initiative
- Skowhegan ‘Indians’ debate draws Passamaquoddy participation
#freepress 2016 issue 2017 issue Activities Addison Airport April 12 2017 issue April 19 2017 issue April 22 2015 Edition April 26 2015 Edition April 26 2015 Editon April 26 2017 issue April 5 2017 issue April 8 2015 Edition April 8 2015 Editon Aprili 26 2017 issue Arts and Entertainment August 16 2017 issue August 2 2017 issue August 23 2017 issue