Maine’s rate of drug overdose deaths is keeping pace with last year. Through the first six months of 2017 the Office of the Chief Medical Examiner recorded 185 deaths attributable to drug overdose, according to Dr. Marcella Sorg of the Margaret Chase Smith Policy Center who analyzes overdose deaths for the Office of the Attorney General. Doubled, that would be 370 compared to 376 in 2016, or more than one drug overdose a day.
- Atwood receives prestigious award for exceptional service to Washington County
- Machias votes overwhelmingly in favor of revitalization TIF
- Lobster license wait list bill heard in Augusta
- State’s plans for Bucks Harbor prison ricochet, but predicted to gain scope
- After months of red tape, Machiasport says goodbye to epic demolition pile
#freepress 2016 issue 2017 issue Activities Addison Airport April 12 2017 issue April 19 2017 issue April 22 2015 Edition April 26 2015 Edition April 26 2015 Editon April 26 2017 issue April 5 2017 issue April 8 2015 Edition April 8 2015 Editon Aprili 26 2017 issue Arts and Entertainment August 16 2017 issue August 2 2017 issue August 23 2017 issue