Many year round residents have a standing rule that they do not leave the state of Maine in August. One look around our area this month, and no one could question their wisdom. Where else could anyone wish to be? Lobster, blueberries, beaches, sunshine (finally), music, great food, author readings, history, hiking... the list goes on. There are dozens of reasons our roads, hotels and pullout couches are brimming with out-of-state visitors right now.
- Atwood receives prestigious award for exceptional service to Washington County
- Machias votes overwhelmingly in favor of revitalization TIF
- Lobster license wait list bill heard in Augusta
- State’s plans for Bucks Harbor prison ricochet, but predicted to gain scope
- After months of red tape, Machiasport says goodbye to epic demolition pile
#freepress 2016 issue 2017 issue Activities Addison Airport April 12 2017 issue April 19 2017 issue April 22 2015 Edition April 26 2015 Edition April 26 2015 Editon April 26 2017 issue April 5 2017 issue April 8 2015 Edition April 8 2015 Editon Aprili 26 2017 issue Arts and Entertainment August 16 2017 issue August 2 2017 issue August 23 2017 issue