I was raised in a community the size of Machias, and I love my hometown. But I will say this — it doesn’t have one-tenth the community spirit we have here. This weekend I had the good fortune to spend most of my Saturday at one or another of the many holiday events taking place around Machias. It was a beautiful thing to see hundreds of people out enjoying themselves, and the evening’s parade was phenomenal. You’ll find that story on page one.
- Atwood receives prestigious award for exceptional service to Washington County
- Machias votes overwhelmingly in favor of revitalization TIF
- Lobster license wait list bill heard in Augusta
- State’s plans for Bucks Harbor prison ricochet, but predicted to gain scope
- After months of red tape, Machiasport says goodbye to epic demolition pile
#freepress 2016 issue 2017 issue Activities Addison Airport April 12 2017 issue April 19 2017 issue April 22 2015 Edition April 26 2015 Edition April 26 2015 Editon April 26 2017 issue April 5 2017 issue April 8 2015 Edition April 8 2015 Editon Aprili 26 2017 issue Arts and Entertainment August 16 2017 issue August 2 2017 issue August 23 2017 issue