Hunter Bishop, a 10-year-old who lives in East Machias and attends Elm Street School, recently collaborated with his dad to create a “sled” for a downhill race that was planned as part of the Winter Festival in Machias. Cardboard and duct tape were the approved materials, with design and decoration left up to the builders. A photo of a canoe seen on a postcard at the Wabanaki Cultural Center in Calais was Hunter’s inspiration.
The Machias Valley News Observer41 Broadway Machias, ME, USA 04654 (207) 255-6561 email@example.com
- AC Inc. open for business, ‘It’s important to be here’
- Tuesday update: Maine active COVID-19 count climbs to 118
- Geocaching, story trails, and scavenger hunts: local conservancy offers outdoor fun for ‘uncertain times’
- DEI’s ‘gold’ mussel could open national markets to Downeast aquaculture
- PRSWDD’s fate on the bubble as Columbia decides to stay or leave; Jonesport, Columbia Falls question tonnage
#freepress 2016 issue 2017 issue Acadian Seaplants Activities Addison Airport April 12 2017 issue April 19 2017 issue April 22 2015 Edition April 26 2015 Edition April 26 2015 Editon April 26 2017 issue April 5 2017 issue April 8 2015 Edition April 8 2015 Editon Aprili 26 2017 issue Arts and Entertainment August 16 2017 issue August 2 2017 issue