Constitution Week, September 17-23, commemorates the signing of the Constitution of the United States. The first plan of national government the United States had was called Articles of Confederation and Perpetual Union, quickly shortened to the Articles of Confederation by most people. The Confederation was a loosely joined group of states that gives only limited powers to the central government. The Articles were drawn up in 1777 and went out of existence when the Constitution was adopted in 1789. Of the written national constitutions, the U.S.
- Atwood receives prestigious award for exceptional service to Washington County
- Machias votes overwhelmingly in favor of revitalization TIF
- Lobster license wait list bill heard in Augusta
- State’s plans for Bucks Harbor prison ricochet, but predicted to gain scope
- After months of red tape, Machiasport says goodbye to epic demolition pile
#freepress 2016 issue 2017 issue Activities Addison Airport April 12 2017 issue April 19 2017 issue April 22 2015 Edition April 26 2015 Edition April 26 2015 Editon April 26 2017 issue April 5 2017 issue April 8 2015 Edition April 8 2015 Editon Aprili 26 2017 issue Arts and Entertainment August 16 2017 issue August 2 2017 issue August 23 2017 issue