Constitution Week, September 17-23, commemorates the signing of the Constitution of the United States. The first plan of national government the United States had was called Articles of Confederation and Perpetual Union, quickly shortened to the Articles of Confederation by most people. The Confederation was a loosely joined group of states that gives only limited powers to the central government. The Articles were drawn up in 1777 and went out of existence when the Constitution was adopted in 1789. Of the written national constitutions, the U.S.
- Innovative library contest brings overdue book back to East Machias after 21 years
- Machias prepares for this weekend’s community Christmas extravaganza
- Governor committed to helping uninsured Mainers
- New Ark administrator aims for loving, permanent pet homes
- Birds in exquisite detail: La Farge’s ‘Scientific Illustrations’ on exhibit in Machias
#freepress 2016 issue 2017 issue Acadian Seaplants Activities Addison Airport April 12 2017 issue April 19 2017 issue April 22 2015 Edition April 26 2015 Edition April 26 2015 Editon April 26 2017 issue April 5 2017 issue April 8 2015 Edition April 8 2015 Editon Aprili 26 2017 issue Arts and Entertainment August 16 2017 issue August 2 2017 issue