A Connecticut man wanted on drug charges in Maine and a number of other felonies from Connecticut, was taken into custody late last Tuesday night in Machias. Rafael Santiago-Salazar aka “Chico” was charged in February for selling heroin and crack cocaine, following a joint investigation by Maine Drug Enforcement Agency (MDEA) and the Washington County Sheriff’s Office. Following his arrest, Santiago-Salazar posted bail and never showed up for his court appearances in Maine.
- As cancer rates climb, firefighters raise funds to protect themselves from deadly chemicals
- Machias to address complexities of tax increment financing at public hearing Jan. 31
- Sheriff’s office seeks vandals who ransacked Bill Coperthwaite’s yurt
- Paper route carriers sought to continue award-winning initiative
- Skowhegan ‘Indians’ debate draws Passamaquoddy participation
#freepress 2016 issue 2017 issue Activities Addison Airport April 12 2017 issue April 19 2017 issue April 22 2015 Edition April 26 2015 Edition April 26 2015 Editon April 26 2017 issue April 5 2017 issue April 8 2015 Edition April 8 2015 Editon Aprili 26 2017 issue Arts and Entertainment August 16 2017 issue August 2 2017 issue August 23 2017 issue