The Maine Department of Transportation (DOT) has been busy repaving and painting roads in and around Machias. The unusual line configurations painted onto Free Street, shown here, and on the short one-way stretch of Broadway have raised eyebrows. Machias Town Manager Christina Therrien said that the state has recently taken over responsibility for both stretches of road because they are essential connectors to Route 192 and Route 1.
- Atwood receives prestigious award for exceptional service to Washington County
- Machias votes overwhelmingly in favor of revitalization TIF
- Lobster license wait list bill heard in Augusta
- State’s plans for Bucks Harbor prison ricochet, but predicted to gain scope
- After months of red tape, Machiasport says goodbye to epic demolition pile
#freepress 2016 issue 2017 issue Activities Addison Airport April 12 2017 issue April 19 2017 issue April 22 2015 Edition April 26 2015 Edition April 26 2015 Editon April 26 2017 issue April 5 2017 issue April 8 2015 Edition April 8 2015 Editon Aprili 26 2017 issue Arts and Entertainment August 16 2017 issue August 2 2017 issue August 23 2017 issue