Painting trucks were a familiar sight in downtown Machias last week as the Maine Department of Transportation (MDOT) put the finishing touches on newly resurfaced roads like Free Street, Court Street and Broadway. The Machias Selectboard discussed the work at their meeting last Wednesday night. They said the MDOT has informed them that a crosswalk cannot be repainted on Court Street between Porter Memorial Library and the US Post Office because regulations require there to be no parking within 20 feet of a crosswalk.
- Atwood receives prestigious award for exceptional service to Washington County
- Machias votes overwhelmingly in favor of revitalization TIF
- Lobster license wait list bill heard in Augusta
- State’s plans for Bucks Harbor prison ricochet, but predicted to gain scope
- After months of red tape, Machiasport says goodbye to epic demolition pile
#freepress 2016 issue 2017 issue Activities Addison Airport April 12 2017 issue April 19 2017 issue April 22 2015 Edition April 26 2015 Edition April 26 2015 Editon April 26 2017 issue April 5 2017 issue April 8 2015 Edition April 8 2015 Editon Aprili 26 2017 issue Arts and Entertainment August 16 2017 issue August 2 2017 issue August 23 2017 issue