Painting trucks were a familiar sight in downtown Machias last week as the Maine Department of Transportation (MDOT) put the finishing touches on newly resurfaced roads like Free Street, Court Street and Broadway. The Machias Selectboard discussed the work at their meeting last Wednesday night. They said the MDOT has informed them that a crosswalk cannot be repainted on Court Street between Porter Memorial Library and the US Post Office because regulations require there to be no parking within 20 feet of a crosswalk.
- Wild Blueberry Commission expansion bill introduced, small growers not happy
- Downeast families ready to testify in favor of vaccine choice, ‘informed consent’
- Collins champions elderly causes, sweeping reform
- Local teacher ready to race in NYC Half Marathon
- Revolutionary War Reenactors meeting set for March 25
#freepress 2016 issue 2017 issue Activities Addison Airport April 12 2017 issue April 19 2017 issue April 22 2015 Edition April 26 2015 Edition April 26 2015 Editon April 26 2017 issue April 5 2017 issue April 8 2015 Edition April 8 2015 Editon Aprili 26 2017 issue Arts and Entertainment August 16 2017 issue August 2 2017 issue August 23 2017 issue