Katherine Cassidy of Lubec is volunteering in Sierra Leone to keep the country’s girls in school. She organized a Listening Tour for 16 schools in November to understand all the barriers that keep girls from finishing secondary school. She also works with 30 orphan girls, ages 8-17, at the Home of Hope in Kambia, Sierra Leone. Cassidy recently told of her passion for Sierra Leone at a meeting of the Machias Rotary Club. See story, page 10.
- Marshfield firefighters fundraise for urgent cancer prevention gear
- Stone Soup Cafe lost to fire on 9/11, firefighters honor the fallen
- Legislative session edges to finale, prison alive on back burner
- Oldest field recordings in world bring Passamaquoddy language, history to life
- Indian Day Celebration to be held this weekend at Indian Township
#freepress 2016 issue 2017 issue Activities Addison Airport April 12 2017 issue April 19 2017 issue April 22 2015 Edition April 26 2015 Edition April 26 2015 Editon April 26 2017 issue April 5 2017 issue April 8 2015 Edition April 8 2015 Editon Aprili 26 2017 issue Arts and Entertainment August 16 2017 issue August 2 2017 issue August 23 2017 issue