In Machias , Healthy Acadia, in partnership with Downeast Community Hospital, will offer a free, six-week “Taking Action for Health” workshop series in the conference room of Downeast Community Hospital, 11 Hospital Drive, Machias. Classes will meet weekly on Thursdays from 5:30 p.m. to 8 p.m. beginning Oct. 26 and continuing through Dec. 7 (no class on Nov. 23).
- Marshfield firefighters fundraise for urgent cancer prevention gear
- Stone Soup Cafe lost to fire on 9/11, firefighters honor the fallen
- Legislative session edges to finale, prison alive on back burner
- Oldest field recordings in world bring Passamaquoddy language, history to life
- Indian Day Celebration to be held this weekend at Indian Township