There are several surviving accounts of the events that took place in Machias during August of 1777 when the British returned with orders “To Destroy the Hotbed of Rebels.” This in retaliation of the capture of the armed vessel Margaretta in June 1775 and several other grievances they perceived of the settlers of Machias. The following account was written in his journal by Colonial John Allan.
- Marshfield firefighters fundraise for urgent cancer prevention gear
- Stone Soup Cafe lost to fire on 9/11, firefighters honor the fallen
- Legislative session edges to finale, prison alive on back burner
- Oldest field recordings in world bring Passamaquoddy language, history to life
- Indian Day Celebration to be held this weekend at Indian Township