Anne Hopkins will lead a workshop on making sauerkraut from 2-4 p.m., Saturday, March 10, at Eastport Arts Center. In this hands-on workshop, participants will learn to ferment vegetables using traditional methods customized to the modern kitchen. Students will bring home two pint jars of kraut they’ve made during the session. Also included will be a discussion of the health benefits and traditions of fermented foods, with attention to identifying some of the pitfalls of fermentation. There will be Maine-grown organic produce for processing and homemade krauts for attendees to taste.
- Marshfield firefighters fundraise for urgent cancer prevention gear
- Stone Soup Cafe lost to fire on 9/11, firefighters honor the fallen
- Legislative session edges to finale, prison alive on back burner
- Oldest field recordings in world bring Passamaquoddy language, history to life
- Indian Day Celebration to be held this weekend at Indian Township
#freepress 2016 issue 2017 issue Activities Addison Airport April 12 2017 issue April 19 2017 issue April 22 2015 Edition April 26 2015 Edition April 26 2015 Editon April 26 2017 issue April 5 2017 issue April 8 2015 Edition April 8 2015 Editon Aprili 26 2017 issue Arts and Entertainment August 16 2017 issue August 2 2017 issue August 23 2017 issue