Richard Arthur Purington, 73, beloved husband, father, papa, brother, uncle, cousin and friend passed away on June 23, 2018 at the Maine Veterans’ Home in Bangor. He was born at home in East Machias on May 18, 1945 to Raymond and Carrie (Elder) Purington. He attended grade school in East Machias and graduated from Washington Academy. Shortly after graduation, he enlisted in the Army and served in the Vietnam War. After his years of service, he married his high school sweetheart, Judy Hanson, in 1970 and they enjoyed 48 years of marriage together.
- Marshfield firefighters fundraise for urgent cancer prevention gear
- Stone Soup Cafe lost to fire on 9/11, firefighters honor the fallen
- Legislative session edges to finale, prison alive on back burner
- Oldest field recordings in world bring Passamaquoddy language, history to life
- Indian Day Celebration to be held this weekend at Indian Township
#freepress 2016 issue 2017 issue Activities Addison Airport April 12 2017 issue April 19 2017 issue April 22 2015 Edition April 26 2015 Edition April 26 2015 Editon April 26 2017 issue April 5 2017 issue April 8 2015 Edition April 8 2015 Editon Aprili 26 2017 issue Arts and Entertainment August 16 2017 issue August 2 2017 issue August 23 2017 issue