The Pleasant River Solid Waste Disposal District (PRSWDD) is a quasi-municipal, nonprofit organization that was formed more than 20 years ago because towns were under a State mandate to recycle. PRSWDD, governed by a board of directors, with representatives appointed by the Selectmen of each participating town (Addison, Beals Island, Columbia, Columbia Falls, Jonesboro and Jonesport has been committed to transparency for more than 20 years. Monthly financials and minutes of all Board meetings are sent to member towns and are available to the public.
- Marshfield firefighters fundraise for urgent cancer prevention gear
- Stone Soup Cafe lost to fire on 9/11, firefighters honor the fallen
- Legislative session edges to finale, prison alive on back burner
- Oldest field recordings in world bring Passamaquoddy language, history to life
- Indian Day Celebration to be held this weekend at Indian Township
#freepress 2016 issue 2017 issue Activities Addison Airport April 12 2017 issue April 19 2017 issue April 22 2015 Edition April 26 2015 Edition April 26 2015 Editon April 26 2017 issue April 5 2017 issue April 8 2015 Edition April 8 2015 Editon Aprili 26 2017 issue Arts and Entertainment August 16 2017 issue August 2 2017 issue August 23 2017 issue