During the large storm that hit our region on Thursday, Jan. 4, the Lubec brining shed collapsed and the Machias River climbed high into the parking lot between Helen’s Restaurant and the town dock. In recent months, we’ve seen that water come up and over the dike frequently, and according to Professor Tora Johnson at the University of Maine at Machias, these events will increase in frequency as time goes on.
- Marshfield firefighters fundraise for urgent cancer prevention gear
- Stone Soup Cafe lost to fire on 9/11, firefighters honor the fallen
- Legislative session edges to finale, prison alive on back burner
- Oldest field recordings in world bring Passamaquoddy language, history to life
- Indian Day Celebration to be held this weekend at Indian Township
#freepress 2016 issue 2017 issue Activities Addison Airport April 12 2017 issue April 19 2017 issue April 22 2015 Edition April 26 2015 Edition April 26 2015 Editon April 26 2017 issue April 5 2017 issue April 8 2015 Edition April 8 2015 Editon Aprili 26 2017 issue Arts and Entertainment August 16 2017 issue August 2 2017 issue August 23 2017 issue