On Saturday, August 24 the Starboard Cove Community Club hosted an open house at Starboard village’s little red schoolhouse, maintained by the club. Normally, every odd year includes a historic reenactment, such as the one pictured here from 2015. However, this year the association opened the schoolhouse and dedicated the new Little Free Library built to hold books outside the schoolhouse. On every even year, the club hosts a lobster roll and fish chowder public supper, to raise funds for the maintenance of the historic building. Photos courtesy Starboard Cove Community Club.
- Former Machias smoke shop operator arrested for trafficking
- Marshfield Fire Department fundraising to prevent firefighter cancer
- Stone Soup Cafe lost to fire on 9/11, firefighters honor the fallen
- Axiom grant to improve digital equity, inclusion Downeast
- Machias board discusses replacement compactor
#freepress 2016 issue 2017 issue Activities Addison Airport April 12 2017 issue April 19 2017 issue April 22 2015 Edition April 26 2015 Edition April 26 2015 Editon April 26 2017 issue April 5 2017 issue April 8 2015 Edition April 8 2015 Editon Aprili 26 2017 issue Arts and Entertainment August 16 2017 issue August 2 2017 issue August 23 2017 issue