Pleasant River Historical Society is continuing its Summer Series concentrating on Native people who may have inhabited the Downeast area with Dr. Ed Jessiman, retired professor of Sociology at UMM, who will be speaking on the cultural distinctions between traditional Native cultures and those of the early Europeans’ and how both cultures changed on contact. This program will be held at Church on the Hill in Addison on Friday, August 11 at 7 p.m. All are welcome! The free program will be preceded by a brief business meeting at 6:30 p.m. Refreshments will be served.
- Marshfield firefighters fundraise for urgent cancer prevention gear
- Stone Soup Cafe lost to fire on 9/11, firefighters honor the fallen
- Legislative session edges to finale, prison alive on back burner
- Oldest field recordings in world bring Passamaquoddy language, history to life
- Indian Day Celebration to be held this weekend at Indian Township
#freepress 2016 issue 2017 issue Activities Addison Airport April 12 2017 issue April 19 2017 issue April 22 2015 Edition April 26 2015 Edition April 26 2015 Editon April 26 2017 issue April 5 2017 issue April 8 2015 Edition April 8 2015 Editon Aprili 26 2017 issue Arts and Entertainment August 16 2017 issue August 2 2017 issue August 23 2017 issue