A row of milkweed plants forms a lovely and fitting border along the front of the Machias Valley Grange. The Grange is maintained by the Beehive Design Collective, and milkweed is a critical component in the lifecycle of the monarch butterfly, an important North American pollinator. Monarchs have become increasingly rare due to the destruction of their southern habitat and destruction of milkweed plants, once considered a spreading nuisance in fields and gardens.
- Election results reveal independent voter mindset Downeast
- Deputy debate heats up, committee kicks budget back to county commissioners
- ‘When I think of leaving, I don’t want to leave these people’
- Jonesport to explore policing with neighboring Addison, Beals
- Boggia doc reveals murder plans, intended victim
#freepress 2016 issue 2017 issue Activities Addison Airport April 12 2017 issue April 19 2017 issue April 22 2015 Edition April 26 2015 Edition April 26 2015 Editon April 26 2017 issue April 5 2017 issue April 8 2015 Edition April 8 2015 Editon Aprili 26 2017 issue Arts and Entertainment August 16 2017 issue August 2 2017 issue August 23 2017 issue