There were ‘side’ advantages to the dyke. The Dec. 8, 1868 issue of the Machias Union reported “Lively times on the ‘Skating Rink’ above the big dyke.” A March 1877 issue of the Machias Union reported that Dyke Park is open to the public. The track was finished and persons and parties driving for pleasure are invited to use the course. No toll or tariff at present, so that trotting speed can be tested and horses initiated to Dyke Park. Again in June 1877 the Machias Union stated that “parties driving for pleasure are invited to use the course”.
- Wesley’s Tree Festival draws thousands, raises thousands at weekend event
- Machias votes in favor of medical marijuana storefronts
- Tackling infrastructure gap a tough and growing challenge
- EPA makes progress with Meddybemps Superfund site
- County committee approves budget with three deputies, cuts to governmental third parties
#freepress 2016 issue 2017 issue Activities Addison Airport April 12 2017 issue April 19 2017 issue April 22 2015 Edition April 26 2015 Edition April 26 2015 Editon April 26 2017 issue April 5 2017 issue April 8 2015 Edition April 8 2015 Editon Aprili 26 2017 issue Arts and Entertainment August 16 2017 issue August 2 2017 issue August 23 2017 issue