President Trump and Republicans in control of Congress are pushing hard for major tax cuts before the end of the year. They want a “win,” to show they can get things done in Washington. But who exactly are the winners in these tax cuts? For whom are they getting things done? Answer: the wealthiest Americans, billionaires and millionaires. As Chris Collins, Republican congressman from New York, said: “My donors are basically saying, get it done, or don’t ever call me again.” Wealthy donors want their taxes reduced—or eliminated altogether, as in the case of the federal estate tax.
- Marshfield firefighters fundraise for urgent cancer prevention gear
- Stone Soup Cafe lost to fire on 9/11, firefighters honor the fallen
- Legislative session edges to finale, prison alive on back burner
- Oldest field recordings in world bring Passamaquoddy language, history to life
- Indian Day Celebration to be held this weekend at Indian Township
#freepress 2016 issue 2017 issue Activities Addison Airport April 12 2017 issue April 19 2017 issue April 22 2015 Edition April 26 2015 Edition April 26 2015 Editon April 26 2017 issue April 5 2017 issue April 8 2015 Edition April 8 2015 Editon Aprili 26 2017 issue Arts and Entertainment August 16 2017 issue August 2 2017 issue August 23 2017 issue