On Tuesdays for the past two months, I put on my red AARP Maine shirt, and drive to the State House. On my way I pick up friends who I have met through AARP, and we join dozens of other members to learn more about how we can make a difference. We meet with legislators, learn from experts on issues, practice testifying, and attend committee hearings, work sessions and Caucus on Aging meetings. Everyone at the state house knows it’s Tuesday because of our red shirts. Legislators remark on our consistent presence and we are excited to keep building the momentum!
- Marshfield firefighters fundraise for urgent cancer prevention gear
- Stone Soup Cafe lost to fire on 9/11, firefighters honor the fallen
- Legislative session edges to finale, prison alive on back burner
- Oldest field recordings in world bring Passamaquoddy language, history to life
- Indian Day Celebration to be held this weekend at Indian Township
#freepress 2016 issue 2017 issue Activities Addison Airport April 12 2017 issue April 19 2017 issue April 22 2015 Edition April 26 2015 Edition April 26 2015 Editon April 26 2017 issue April 5 2017 issue April 8 2015 Edition April 8 2015 Editon Aprili 26 2017 issue Arts and Entertainment August 16 2017 issue August 2 2017 issue August 23 2017 issue