The Pleasant River Solid Waste Disposal District (PRSWDD) is a quasi-municipal, nonprofit organization that was formed more than 20 years ago because towns were under a State mandate to recycle. PRSWDD, governed by a board of directors, with representatives appointed by the Selectmen of each participating town (Addison, Beals Island, Columbia, Columbia Falls, Jonesboro and Jonesport has been committed to transparency for more than 20 years. Monthly financials and minutes of all Board meetings are sent to member towns and are available to the public.
- East Machias preserves history and alewives at riverside smokehouse
- Gubernatorial hopeful Diane Russell speaks to WaCo Democrats
- Clock running on session stalemate, prison closure
- Children’s chorus to perform spring concert before international ‘trip of a lifetime’
- Historic diorama at Machias train station, reception May 23
2016 issue 2017 issue Activities Addison Airport April 12 2017 issue April 19 2017 issue April 22 2015 Edition April 26 2015 Edition April 26 2015 Editon April 26 2017 issue April 5 2017 issue April 8 2015 Edition April 8 2015 Editon Aprili 26 2017 issue Arts and Entertainment August 16 2017 issue August 2 2017 issue August 23 2017 issue August 24 2016 Edition