“Refugees,” an exhibition of large-scale works in oil and graphite by Joyce Weber, will be on view at the Eastport Gallery July 15 to August 4. A reception for the show will be offered from 5-7 pm, Saturday, July 22. Weber created the works as a way to express her empathy and concern for the people facing turmoil, separation, heartache and fear in the Middle East. “Families are being separated” said Weber. “These people had stable homes and good lives, and now these are being torn apart. I just wanted to acknowledge that.” The largest of the pieces is 7x4-feet.
- Marshfield firefighters fundraise for urgent cancer prevention gear
- Stone Soup Cafe lost to fire on 9/11, firefighters honor the fallen
- Legislative session edges to finale, prison alive on back burner
- Oldest field recordings in world bring Passamaquoddy language, history to life
- Indian Day Celebration to be held this weekend at Indian Township
#freepress 2016 issue 2017 issue Activities Addison Airport April 12 2017 issue April 19 2017 issue April 22 2015 Edition April 26 2015 Edition April 26 2015 Editon April 26 2017 issue April 5 2017 issue April 8 2015 Edition April 8 2015 Editon Aprili 26 2017 issue Arts and Entertainment August 16 2017 issue August 2 2017 issue August 23 2017 issue