Michael Wight of the Maine Department of Transportation has confirmed that he is scheduling another public hearing concerning the Machias dike. The hearing will be held in late February or early March, and will likely be held at UMM to accomodate a large audience. The hearing will address possibilities for replacing the dike with a structure that could prevent or limit flooding in part of Machias’ 100-year floodplain. You’ll find the details in this paper when they’re available.
- Marshfield firefighters fundraise for urgent cancer prevention gear
- Stone Soup Cafe lost to fire on 9/11, firefighters honor the fallen
- Legislative session edges to finale, prison alive on back burner
- Oldest field recordings in world bring Passamaquoddy language, history to life
- Indian Day Celebration to be held this weekend at Indian Township
#freepress 2016 issue 2017 issue Activities Addison Airport April 12 2017 issue April 19 2017 issue April 22 2015 Edition April 26 2015 Edition April 26 2015 Editon April 26 2017 issue April 5 2017 issue April 8 2015 Edition April 8 2015 Editon Aprili 26 2017 issue Arts and Entertainment August 16 2017 issue August 2 2017 issue August 23 2017 issue