During the large storm that hit our region on Thursday, Jan. 4, the Lubec brining shed collapsed and the Machias River climbed high into the parking lot between Helen’s Restaurant and the town dock. In recent months, we’ve seen that water come up and over the dike frequently, and according to Professor Tora Johnson at the University of Maine at Machias, these events will increase in frequency as time goes on.
- Wesley’s Tree Festival draws thousands, raises thousands at weekend event
- Machias votes in favor of medical marijuana storefronts
- Tackling infrastructure gap a tough and growing challenge
- EPA makes progress with Meddybemps Superfund site
- County committee approves budget with three deputies, cuts to governmental third parties
#freepress 2016 issue 2017 issue Activities Addison Airport April 12 2017 issue April 19 2017 issue April 22 2015 Edition April 26 2015 Edition April 26 2015 Editon April 26 2017 issue April 5 2017 issue April 8 2015 Edition April 8 2015 Editon Aprili 26 2017 issue Arts and Entertainment August 16 2017 issue August 2 2017 issue August 23 2017 issue