Last week I had the pleasure of eavesdropping on a group of local high school freshmen who were discussing the day’s current events. The chief topic of conversation was the repeal of net neutrality, accomplished by a vote of the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) last Thursday. Not only were the students broadly informed on the issue — a complex one even by adult standards — some of them had taken action to voice their concern over the repeal via calls and emails to representatives in Washington, D.C. And think of it — teens socializing by discussing current events!
- Marshfield firefighters fundraise for urgent cancer prevention gear
- Stone Soup Cafe lost to fire on 9/11, firefighters honor the fallen
- Legislative session edges to finale, prison alive on back burner
- Oldest field recordings in world bring Passamaquoddy language, history to life
- Indian Day Celebration to be held this weekend at Indian Township
#freepress 2016 issue 2017 issue Activities Addison Airport April 12 2017 issue April 19 2017 issue April 22 2015 Edition April 26 2015 Edition April 26 2015 Editon April 26 2017 issue April 5 2017 issue April 8 2015 Edition April 8 2015 Editon Aprili 26 2017 issue Arts and Entertainment August 16 2017 issue August 2 2017 issue August 23 2017 issue