Monday, Oct. 23 was the fourth day of work for area volunteer firefighters and Maine Forest Service battling a fire in the woods of Marshfield. The men and women firefighters have gone back day after day, exhausted but still lugging thousands of pounds of hoses and gear through the forest and up hilly terrain. The sheer physicality of the work is amazing. We thank them for their service, and have that full story on page 1. The National Weather Service is predicting a heavy, soaking rain for us this week, and we are in sore need of it.
- Marshfield firefighters fundraise for urgent cancer prevention gear
- Stone Soup Cafe lost to fire on 9/11, firefighters honor the fallen
- Legislative session edges to finale, prison alive on back burner
- Oldest field recordings in world bring Passamaquoddy language, history to life
- Indian Day Celebration to be held this weekend at Indian Township
#freepress 2016 issue 2017 issue Activities Addison Airport April 12 2017 issue April 19 2017 issue April 22 2015 Edition April 26 2015 Edition April 26 2015 Editon April 26 2017 issue April 5 2017 issue April 8 2015 Edition April 8 2015 Editon Aprili 26 2017 issue Arts and Entertainment August 16 2017 issue August 2 2017 issue August 23 2017 issue