Early Saturday morning I happened to look out my back window and see a heavy frost on my strawberry plants, early enough to hose them down. Being a spring plant, strawberries likely have what it takes to survive a frost. But being an overeager gardener, I wasn’t willing to take that chance. Hosing the plants down before the sun rises and bursts their frozen cells is one way to save them from frost. Checking the forecast and covering them the night before is one step better.
- East Machias preserves history and alewives at riverside smokehouse
- Gubernatorial hopeful Diane Russell speaks to WaCo Democrats
- Clock running on session stalemate, prison closure
- Children’s chorus to perform spring concert before international ‘trip of a lifetime’
- Historic diorama at Machias train station, reception May 23
2016 issue 2017 issue Activities Addison Airport April 12 2017 issue April 19 2017 issue April 22 2015 Edition April 26 2015 Edition April 26 2015 Editon April 26 2017 issue April 5 2017 issue April 8 2015 Edition April 8 2015 Editon Aprili 26 2017 issue Arts and Entertainment August 16 2017 issue August 2 2017 issue August 23 2017 issue August 24 2016 Edition