Quoddy Voices, a community chorus formed in 2014, will present concerts on Friday, Dec. 8 at 7 p.m., and Sunday, Dec. 10 at 3 p.m., at the Eastport Arts Center. The group’s program is titled “A Light in the Darkness” and it will feature the first performance of director John Newell’s recent work “Children of the Light.” The work is a nine movement cantata for chorus, soprano and baritone soloists, and piano for four hands, which “celebrates the light universal and the unity and dignity of all beings,” according to Newell.
- Wesley’s Tree Festival draws thousands, raises thousands at weekend event
- Machias votes in favor of medical marijuana storefronts
- Tackling infrastructure gap a tough and growing challenge
- EPA makes progress with Meddybemps Superfund site
- County committee approves budget with three deputies, cuts to governmental third parties
#freepress 2016 issue 2017 issue Activities Addison Airport April 12 2017 issue April 19 2017 issue April 22 2015 Edition April 26 2015 Edition April 26 2015 Editon April 26 2017 issue April 5 2017 issue April 8 2015 Edition April 8 2015 Editon Aprili 26 2017 issue Arts and Entertainment August 16 2017 issue August 2 2017 issue August 23 2017 issue