On Thursday, Oct. 26 a 10-member panel of legislative leaders allowed a bill to keep Downeast Correctional Facility (DCF) in Bucks Harbor open an extra 18 months to move forward in January. The bill, sponsored by Rep. Will Tuell (R-East Machias), would provide additional funding to the beleaguered prison while policymakers develop a long term solution.
- Marshfield firefighters fundraise for urgent cancer prevention gear
- Stone Soup Cafe lost to fire on 9/11, firefighters honor the fallen
- Legislative session edges to finale, prison alive on back burner
- Oldest field recordings in world bring Passamaquoddy language, history to life
- Indian Day Celebration to be held this weekend at Indian Township
#freepress 2016 issue 2017 issue Activities Addison Airport April 12 2017 issue April 19 2017 issue April 22 2015 Edition April 26 2015 Edition April 26 2015 Editon April 26 2017 issue April 5 2017 issue April 8 2015 Edition April 8 2015 Editon Aprili 26 2017 issue Arts and Entertainment August 16 2017 issue August 2 2017 issue August 23 2017 issue