Attorney General Janet Mills and 17 other Attorneys General wrote to the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) asking the Commission to delay its rulemaking deadline because of falsified comments made to the FCC. “A careful review of the publicly available information revealed a pattern of fake submissions using the names of real people. In fact, there may be over one million fake submissions from across the country. This is akin to identity theft on a massive scale - and theft of someone’s voice in a democracy is particularly concerning,” wrote the Attorneys General.
- Machias votes in favor of medical marijuana
- County committee approves budget to include three sheriff's deputies
- ‘Royal Bulldogs’ turn Jonesport, Machias schools into one winning team
- Josh Kelley, Philip Kilton survive the sinking of their lobster boat 11 miles offshore
- Local talent fires up UMM women’s basketball
#freepress 2016 issue 2017 issue Activities Addison Airport April 12 2017 issue April 19 2017 issue April 22 2015 Edition April 26 2015 Edition April 26 2015 Editon April 26 2017 issue April 5 2017 issue April 8 2015 Edition April 8 2015 Editon Aprili 26 2017 issue Arts and Entertainment August 16 2017 issue August 2 2017 issue August 23 2017 issue