St. Patrick’s Day will be celebrated at the Pembroke Library on Wednesday, April 11 at 6:30 p.m., with a free concert celebrating the 50th Anniversary of one of the most important sea music recordings of all time; “The Clancy Brothers & Tommy Makem – Sing of the Sea.” The Clancys and Makem were the key figures in the Irish music revival that continues to today. Their 1968 album “Sing of the Sea” brought many Irish music enthusiasts throughout Europe, North America and Australia to embrace the traditional music of the Age of Sail.
- Machias votes in favor of medical marijuana
- County committee approves budget to include three sheriff's deputies
- ‘Royal Bulldogs’ turn Jonesport, Machias schools into one winning team
- Josh Kelley, Philip Kilton survive the sinking of their lobster boat 11 miles offshore
- Local talent fires up UMM women’s basketball
#freepress 2016 issue 2017 issue Activities Addison Airport April 12 2017 issue April 19 2017 issue April 22 2015 Edition April 26 2015 Edition April 26 2015 Editon April 26 2017 issue April 5 2017 issue April 8 2015 Edition April 8 2015 Editon Aprili 26 2017 issue Arts and Entertainment August 16 2017 issue August 2 2017 issue August 23 2017 issue