The Eastport Arts Center is excited to announce a concert by blues-inspired Americana guitarist and songwriter Sid Whelan on Saturday, Oct. 21 at 7 p.m. Known for well-crafted lyrics and harmonically-rich guitar voicings, Whelan, a songwriting student of Steve Earle, writes songs which tackle difficult themes of contemporary American life. For his Eastport show, Whelan will perform songs in his signature style from his three albums: 2013’s “Flood Waters Rising,” 2015’s “The Story of Ike Dupree,” 2018’s upcoming “Waiting for Payday,” as well as classics from the American blues canon.
- Marshfield firefighters fundraise for urgent cancer prevention gear
- Stone Soup Cafe lost to fire on 9/11, firefighters honor the fallen
- Legislative session edges to finale, prison alive on back burner
- Oldest field recordings in world bring Passamaquoddy language, history to life
- Indian Day Celebration to be held this weekend at Indian Township
#freepress 2016 issue 2017 issue Activities Addison Airport April 12 2017 issue April 19 2017 issue April 22 2015 Edition April 26 2015 Edition April 26 2015 Editon April 26 2017 issue April 5 2017 issue April 8 2015 Edition April 8 2015 Editon Aprili 26 2017 issue Arts and Entertainment August 16 2017 issue August 2 2017 issue August 23 2017 issue